Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Autumn is here. I always liked autumn because it meant going back to school and I always liked school.

At this point in my life autumn means different things to me. It means it’s dark when I wake up in the morning and on my walks I see that the leaves are dying and turning glorious colors. It means it rains more and I have to use my windshield wipers a lot. It also means it’s time to clean up the garden and harvest the last of the veggies.

This week I cut down the sunflowers and tomato plants. Mike mowed the lawn for the last time and whacked part of the pumpkin patch. The squash is still growing, but we'll clean it up with the rest of the pumpkin patch.


I’m so happy to see that ALL of the sunflowers finally bloomed! And some of them got so very tall. I will be harvesting the seeds in the next day or so.



This stalk had 3 blossoms and 3 more flowers that didn’t get to bloom!


This my white pattypan squash. There are six squash on this plant, but most likely only the big one will make it to the oven.


Here’s my pumpkin. Well, the biggest one we have – see how it compares to the size of my credit card? Unfortunately, I don’t think it will turn orange before Halloween.


And the best part about autumn is the title of the post. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from Safeway. They are my favorite and a seasonal special. Go get some and you’ll see what I mean!

2 comments:

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

yummy- that sounds so good- The sn flowers are so pretty.

I love the fall- especially up in the pacific northwest.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

And I was so good - I didn't buy any more cookies when I went to Safeway yesterday!