Friday, October 22, 2010

Follow-up About the YMCA

Not too long ago I posted about visiting the Northshore YMCA and the water exercise class. Today I have a short follow-up.

The second time I went to the class there was a different instructor. A guy named Rob – Rob the tattoo fan – he has a very large tattoo that covers most of his chest, his back and his right arm. And he also has a good sized tattoo on the calf of one of his legs. (Señor Zapata recently wrote about tattoos...great post and comments!) Rob must be into pain because there’s a lotta ink in his skin. Ouch.

Anyway I thought Rob’s Shallow Water Aerobics class was a lot better than the first one we went to. Rob actually got in and out of the pool to demonstrate the moves and that was very helpful – especially to new people (like me) in the class. He also had his music blasting and I could really tell that he likes the Black Eyed Peas.

The third time I went to the Y the same woman I referred to in my original Y post led the class. Her iPod was working this time, but the music was so loud I couldn’t hear her calling out the moves. Plus, she didn’t get up on the deck so I couldn’t see what she was doing. I looked around at others close to me and it seemed like no one really knew what they were supposed to be doing. Well, except the floaters…they were still yakking it up.

I checked the Y’s schedule and found there is another class called Aqua Power. It looks more intense and like a good workout. I think I’ll try that sometime soon.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I think it's great that you are getting water exercise. I think that's one of the best. Water is heavy so that helps. Before long, you'll be teaching the class. :) Have a great weekend.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

I love the water! Granted, it's not as nice as a pool at a resort on an exotic island with a swim-up bar and pool boys...but, yes, the Y is nice.