Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shelves, Shelves, and More Shelves

Mike and I are on a decorating spree. (I have to do something in between my hours of job searching and interviewing.) We have had such a good time furnishing our little apartment and we just need a few more things to feel satisfied.

Our latest endeavor has been hanging shelves. Well, I should say that Mike has been hanging shelves…and I have been providing input as to where they should go.


I really like these 3 “floating” corner shelves in the dining area. There isn’t enough room for a hutch or cabinet, but the shelves provide a spot for some of our special things that have followed us around the US and Mexico.



And my favorite new shelf is in the bathroom. We’re sticking with the “tiki hut” theme and needed a place for this tiki light fountain. You light the candle on top and switch the waterfall on...ahhh, just like back in the tropics...all I need to do is run a hot bath, grab my ukulele and sing along with Don Ho to Tiny Bubbles...


Check out the closeup. How long until Mike sees where I have hidden Baby Jesus? Hehehe

3 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Lol, pobrecito bebe lol.
He has been all over hasn't he?
Apartment is looking good, nice and comfy.
Let us know how long Mike takes to find the baby, OK?
Hug to Sitka and give one to Mike too lol.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Brenda - I am sooo dumb! Of course, Mike saw it the first time he "had to go" - I hadn't thought about him standing up. ARGHHH

Brenda Maas said...

lol, too funny. I never thought of that either, MEN eh