Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bloggin' on blogspot.com

I began writing this blog in November 2007 when Mike and I made the decision to move to Mexico to teach English and eventually retire there. My reason for this blog was to provide an easy way to update family and friends on our lives in Mexico.

That plan has changed considerably since we actually made the move in May 2008. But the basis for continuing this blog remains the same – to provide updates.

That said I am continually surprised and interested in who reads this blog.

I have 2 widgets embedded in this blog. One is the FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map and the other is the Site Meter. Both are located in the mustard yellow column to the right. Both provide information to me about blog visitors. And for some reason I am simply fascinated by wondering about the visitors.

I don’t understand all of the information the widgets provide. But I can see some statistics that make me laugh. Like the sheer number of visitors who viewed the post titled Sonny and Cher...uh I mean Mike and Cynthia... and the Antonio Bandares & Eddie Vedder post. I guess if my goal is to increase readers, I should post more often about musicians and actors.

So when you’re visiting this blog tell me what you were looking for. I’d be interested in the feedback!

4 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hi Cynthia, when I visit the blog I am now looking at my connection to the PNW. I used to go to see how the adventure was for you in Mexico. Now I visit for the PNW adventure, the photos of your surrounds, the weather shots and to hear what you guys are doing there, where you went, which park you were in, what restaurant you went to, where you went to get your craig's list furniture, what's growing in the garden, that's the stuff that I like, and I know we won't return to the PNW (well yes, for a visit), but you're my connection now. LL

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Linda Lou! Thank you for the feedback. I'll try to keep up the Pacific Northwest adventure theme and keep you in the loop. I think we'll venture into the city for Father's Day...and I'll be sure to bring my camera. Let's hope for some sun on Sunday in Seattle!

Michael Dickson said...

You two just seem like Good Eggs. It´s simple. And you were fortunate to find one another.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Gracias, senor! Huevos...gee I've never been called that before.