Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Antonio Banderas & Eddie Vedder

I'm working on lesson plans and Mike is watching Desparado - a movie based in Mexico starring that Spanish beauty, ANTONIO BANDERAS!!!

Now anyone who knows me well knows I have been an ardent Pearl Jam fan since 1991 and I have been in love with lead singer, Eddie Vedder, since 1991.

As I watched pieces of the movie all I could see in Antonio was Eddie! In fact, I got so distracted that I spent/wasted waaaaay too much time looking for pics of them on the web. Check it out...Antonio and Eddie. Don't they look alike???And yes, I know this has nothing to do with school or moving to Mexico or anything like that. But sometimes a girl just has to dream about dreamy men.

p.s. The movie is actually pretty good - although it is a little corny.
p.p.s.s. Mike and I both felt fine today. I guess we had the short version of the problem...yippee!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Love me some Anotonio Banderras!!!!

Brenda Maas said...

Glad you're feeling better.
Roy had that movie on also, they seem to show it over and over here; but hey, how can you not want to watch Antonio?

Theresa in Mèrida said...

Antonio Banderas....sigh....nuff said,
Theresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Thanks you gals for confirming my thoughts!!! And Mike thought that was the dumbest post I have ever written...

Anonymous said...

Hello Andonio Bandaras' people. I hope that you can help me get through to Antonio's direct line so I can send my new with him. This is a movie based during and before the 1810 Mexicun Revolution. Through my grandfather's dairy as a soldier with Pancho Villa, and my dad's reserch, I have written an historical epic. A kind of Hispanic GOne With The Wind" It has excitement, political intrigue, a tragic love story, and an amazing cast of richly developed characters. This novel is revelant because it attempts to tie in present problems with immegration, legal or not. to the moment that DOn Porferio gave away 134,500.00 native lands to special interest groups, foreigners and pals. The Yaqui planned this revolution through their drums in the hills. I can see you as the charasmatic Villa once again in this book, looking death in the face and passionately arguing that while he was illiterate and could not be president of Mexico, he wanted to make damn sure that his people actually could make that choice. My grandfather almost lost his life to Mexic twice, but he had already given her his heart.
I pray that this message will get into your capable hands and you will contact me. I will send you a copy of the book and we can discuss success strategies. Already I have 2 Hollywood producers looking at the book, and I have emialed Oprah to be on her show and talk about the book, Mexican history and the problems they find themselves in now, trying to escape a country where there is no longer a middle class..only the very poor and the very rich. This is a story that is ready to be told. Please email me (Jazzinkrt@aol.com, or call me 12082291571. This story will be so worth it for you to promote, star in and make contacts that I cannot. Spanish people need something to be proud of in this country. Please consider getting back to me soon! Kathryn Tyler

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.