Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wireless Phone

Mike worked for Cellular One which was acquired by AT&T, which spun off a separate company called AT&T Wireless, which was acquired by Cingular Wireless, which was acquired by AT&T. (And I joined the crazy wireless world in 1995 when it was AT&T Wireless.)

During that time we both enjoyed the benefit of wireless phones with either free or reduced usage fees and equipment prices. Once we made the decision to move to Mexico we cancelled Mike's service and just kept my phone active.

About a month and a half ago we got a new phone with Telcel here in Mexico. We've been telling people our new phone number and that we would eventually cancel our AT&T service.

Well, today the AT&T service was cancelled. The number I had for so long is no longer active. Wow. For some reason when I looked at my AT&T phone and it said "No Service" it really hit me that this move to Mexico is permanent. I got all emotional. Over a phone!

So if you need/want our new number send me an email at chizillin@att.net.

3 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

We canceled Husband's as well. It was weird.

I have to keep mine since traveling back to USA. Darn.

Steve Cotton said...

What a great symbolic moment.

Brenda Maas said...

It is odd the things that will hit you from time to time and make you realise that you are in a different time and place now. Hopefully all in all it has been a good change for you.