Friday, August 15, 2008

Richard from Scotland

Last night Mike and I greeted Richard from Scotland at the bus station and gave him a hearty welcome to Guaymas! He traveled from Glasgow to Newark to Phoenix by plane and then from Phoenix to Guaymas by bus.
We were also met by Gregorio, another teacher from our school. We got Richard settled into his hotel room and then Gregorio took us all to Poncho Villa's for some live Mexican music on a late Thursday night. It was after 11:00 and I was surprised to see that people were coming in for dinner at that time of the night! (Especially considering that Mike and I are usually dead asleep at that time.)
It was great to finally meet Richard who has been exchanging emails with me for the past couple of months. He's got that crazy Scottish accent. A Scot speaking Spanish was very interesting.This morning Richard goes apartment hunting with Gregoria and another teacher who is staying at the same hotel. And this afternoon we are all hooking up to take a trip over to San Carlos. Only 3 more days of FREEDOM!

2 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Glad he arrived safely and that you had a nice evening together.

Steve Cotton said...

The two of you are still acting as incentives for me to Get On With It. Whenever I feel cold feet coming on, I remember your pioneer spirit.