Saturday, June 12, 2010

Girls' Lunch Out on a Friday

It was over 2 years ago when I posted about “my girls” and it’s about time that I post about them again.

Yesterday was the first time we have all gotten together since Mike, Sitka and I moved to Mexico. Our hair is a little different – mostly just different lengths – but we’re still the same inside. We met for lunch and gabbed and gabbed about how our lives have evolved over the past 2 years. Surprising to me, the conversation was on a much more serious level.

We discussed health issues, employment (or lack thereof), death, family and pets among other things. We shared ideas and encouraged each other in areas that needed encouragement.


But don’t get me wrong. We also reminisced about our high school escapades. With some of us remembering more details than others. And best of all, we laughed and laughed and laughed. It was just what I needed. And wanted. A few hours with 3 people that know me so well. Thanks Beth, Julie and Cheryl – where are we going next month???

No comments: