Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Jesus Found in Salem!

It was over a year ago, when Mike, Sitka and I were still living in Mexico. I was teaching English to preschoolers and in early January 2009, I was the lucky teacher that found the Baby Jesus doll in my piece of the Rosca de Reyes, or King’s Cake.

(Take a moment to go to my old post and you’ll understand more about the King's Cake and the Baby Jesus.)

So for more than a year now Mike and I have taken turns hiding the Baby Jesus from each other and then laughing hard when we come across the Baby Jesus unexpectedly.

And yesterday Mike outdid himself in the game of hiding the Baby Jesus.

It was early afternoon, when out of the blue a floral delivery person showed up in my office. And she walked directly toward me with a beautiful spring bouquet of flowers tucked into a teapot – including a very fragrant stargazer lily, my favorite!

I thanked her and reached for the gift card. (Hehehehehe…of course, I knew the flowers had to be from Mike!) And then I started to laugh. Laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh!

Touché Mike. You done good. You got me. Now it's my turn...



3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

"Done good" -- indeed.

Unknown said...

Mike you done good!!! you two, that's why you stay healthy & happy, you laugh & do nice things for each other!!! love you both & so glad you found the baby jesus!!!! hugs from us in seattle, Jackie & Kurt

Ron and Betty said...

Oh What a Day! Seems lucky ladies are getting spring flowers - and special loving thoughts! Congrats you two. You are a fun couple.
Love you
Ron & Betty