Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day Four - My Best so Far!

If someone had told me on Monday that today would go as smoothly as it did, I would not have believed it. I had a very good and satisfying day at the Preschool.

I think it began with my morning power walk with Sitka. I have always preferred to exercise early in the morning and with the heat and humidity here in Guaymas that seems to be the only time I can attempt to exercise. And now it is so dark on the malecon at 5am that I've been walking the perimeter of the Tres Presidentes Plaza. It is less isolated, it has better lighting, and there is a taxi stand and newspaper seller in clear site. I feel safe with Sitka because I think people think she’s a lobo (wolf) and they don’t even want to get close to us! Plus, I tend to call her Lobo when we’re out early just in case someone is wondering.

We don’t have our hot water heater turned on yet because the tap/shower water is never cold, but rather a lukewarm temp. And when I come in from the morning walk it is so refreshing to have a cool shower. I understand that when the heat diminishes we’ll want the water heater on or I’ll never see Mike take a shower again (he likes HOT showers.)

Anyway, my 5 year olds were as attentive as ever and the 4 year olds were kept so busy with their little projects that they didn’t have time to cause any problems. (Yesterday one of the boys kicked one of the other boys and that required me to complete a Report about the incident and the "kicker" had a long "time out.") My babies, the 3 year olds, are coming around…the little boy was quiet when I first got to the class, but NO CRYING when he saw me! That was a first. The two girls even shared their lunch fruit with me and by the end of the class they were all laughing and hugging me and almost saying, “See you tomorrow.”

The “crème de la crème” was walking into the apt today and seeing that Mike still had the mop out. He had cleaned the whole apt and already had cut up the fixins for a shrimp salad. How could a teacher have it any better???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you must be exhausted by the time your day ends!!!! New adventures for sure girlie!!! I love your stories...you go girl!!! I came home from Deaf-Blind camp this past Sat. & still havent' recovered from that :) & it's adults, no crying children!!!! It was a great camp, 30 year celebration!!! I do hit the hay early now tho, I remember the old days I would stay up til 2-3 or 4 in the morning yakking & playing!! Now I'm lucky if I make it til 11pm! We did have a skinny dipping in the lagoon for all the gals late Thurs nite after the dance!!!! The phospherents (spell??) were all aglow, it was like a light show!! Very cool....
Mike, what a guy, having the place clean & food ready for his gal!!! I love it!!!! you two are quite the team!!! love you & miss your smiling faces, smooches Jackie

1st Mate said...

So glad you had a good day, you were due for it. I'm sure the walk with Sitka energizes you and improves your optimistic viewpoint on your day. And then you have dinner and a clean apartment to come to. Life is good.

Nancy said...

I am so happy that it is coming together!

Early morning walks really set you up for the day, don't they?

Love the school stories, keep them coming!

Frankly Ronda said...

SO excited for you!