Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day Two - Ladybug, Ladybug Nursery Rhyme

Ladybug! Ladybug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children all gone.

All except one,
And that's little Ann,
For she crept under
The frying pan.

Can you believe that most of us were probably taught that rhyme as children? Have you read it recently? I just did as I was searching the internet for lesson plan ideas. I think I'll skip the Ladybug rhyme in my classes.

Day Two at Mary's Preschool went a lot smoother than Day One! The 5 year olds are the ones I like the best because they listen and for the most part they do what I ask them to do. The 3 year olds are still struggling with me, but none escaped from the classroom today. And the 4 year olds come in to my class after 15 minutes of playing on the playground. Water is the most important thing for them! I've already learned to not even attempt to start a project until they all get some water out of the water cooler.

So my six hours in class and the extra two hours of planning (including a teacher meeting held every Tuesday) flew by again today. But now I'm tasked with creating Lesson Plans for next week, plus a homework assignment (HOMEWORK?? They're gonna hate me!) for the 5 and 4 year olds - all due TOMORROW.

No comments: