Monday, March 16, 2009

Seattle, Washington - My Hometown!

I was born and raised in Seattle, Washington – the “Emerald City” or the “Queen City” or the “Jet City” as it was known when Boeing was a big part of the economy. Some people would remind me that it was also known as the “Rain City.” HA!

I’m just 220 miles south in Salem, Oregon and I have no issues with the rain or the drizzle that we see quite often in the Great Pacific Northwest. Heck, if it wasn’t wet we wouldn’t have the wonderful trees and lush growth that we see everywhere here. Bottom line – I love the Northwest!

And I have this little thingy on my blog, FEEDJIT (look for the world map under my Blog Archives,) and it shows me where my readers are located. I’m always happy to see the many readers from the Seattle area, but I rarely get any comments from you. That said, if you’re up there post a comment! We’d love to hear about “home” and what’s up!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that picture of seattle. it is one of my favorite cities. maybe you can visit me sometime and take me some places i've never been to. my german friend who was here over the weekend went to underground seattle and to the asian museum, 2 places i have yet to visit.

take care,
teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

The underground tour is fabulous! Two others I would recommend are 1) Ride the Duck Tour (on an amphibious WW II vehicle) that goes through downtown and then into Lake Union and 2) Grey Line bus tour from downtown to Mt. Rainer. You'll laugh your head off on the duck tour and you'll relax and let someone else do the driving on the bus tour. And both are very informative!

Katie said...

Seattleite here - we've had 3 or 4 days in March with snow. And a windstorm. Some hail. Currently sunny and windy! Soon the viaduct will come down and traffic will be even more entertaining than usual. The beaches here remain blustery and blue. And yes, our Seattle Asian Art Museum is lovely! Welcome back to the PNW, Cynthia and Mike. Best wishes.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Katie! Ahhh...the viaduct...I actually loved that street. You can see so much of the Sound from the viaduct. Thanks for the updates and the welcome home. I think we'll wait till spring is in full bloom before making a trip to Seattle, but I can't wait. Coming up I-5 and when you see the first peek at the skyline - it always makes me cry. And crossing the Montlake Cut with the Cascades to the east and the Olympics to the west, that is the best view ever!