Monday, January 5, 2009

Truckin’

“Truckin’, got my chips (pesos) cashed in. Keep truckin’, like the do-dah man (water man, gas man, parking lot man, window washer man, grocery bagger man)
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin’ on…

Truckin’, I’m a goin’ home (well, close to home.) Whoa, whoa, baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones (and tie up my doggie,) and get back truckin’ on…”

Yep, we’re headed north. There are a multitude of reasons behind our decision, the most important being Mike’s health. We are not satisfied with the health care he has received in Mexico and since it is his brain we are talking about we don’t want to take any chances.

Soooo, we are writing the closing chapters on our adventure in Mexico and contemplating new chapters to be written from our new home in Salem, Oregon, USA.

Departure date: soon

10 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Good luck in all your future endeavors. We will miss you.

Nancy said...

I know you have had many challenges in your time in Mexico. I hope that your future will be fun and that Mike's health will improve.

It would be so nice if you would update the blog occasionally so that we can keep in touch.

Steve Cotton said...

And for a few months, I will b able to feature Cindy and Mike in my home town.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors. I think it was brave of you to try out a new life and smart of you to realize that it wasn't working for you.
regards,
Theresa

Nola Kim said...

Good luck to you both! Please do update the blog on occasion so your fans know how things are going for the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Beat wishes for the three of you. The challenges you have endured south of the border shows what an amazing couple you are. And who knows, once Mikes health issues are taken care of you may be back. I'm soo happy it's the three of you are making the trip north. I know Sitka will be there for much comfort. All the best. Joan

Anonymous said...

HEY Mike! Its Kevin Ward!! Gary gave me your info. Hope your doing well. Keep in touch.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=81175089

The Propane Chef said...

We'll be thinking of you both (and Sitka too) and wishing you all the best. Too bad we've only met in cyberspace (so far!). But, as we cruiser-types say: Fair winds and following seas. And, do keep up your blog, please!

Marianne Smith
s/v Gallant Fox
www.svgallantfox.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I'm sorry to hear that the adventure is over, but you did it!! You set out to live a dream and you did it! I really hope you guys continue on with your blog and keep in touch.

We'll miss reading about your lives in Guaymos.

Frankly Ronda said...

Good Luck to you! I have enjoyed your journey - thanks for sharing!