Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home in Salem

Moving is hard work. And we have moved 3 times since May 2008. Enough already! But we are almost settled into our new apt in Salem and it is beginning to feel like home. Mike is fighting a cold and ear ache on top of his constant struggle with the effects of his anti-seizure medications. We have appointments with a doctor and Social Security so we hope to soon find out how to make Mike feel better and get his SS claim processed.

We haven’t had much time to explore Salem yet, but from what I have seen it is a lot like the Seattle area where I grew up. The natural beauty is amazing. Check out Salem Oregon Daily Photo for great pics from Jill!

Speaking of great pics, below are our landlords, Betty and Ron. They have a wonderful house that had a recreational basement. But they remodeled the space into a studio apt and that is where we live. It is totally furnished and supplied with everything we would need or want. Betty and Ron are both very creative and they make environmentally friendly products like grocery and tote bags. Check out their website at www.rbcreations.us.And one more pic…everyone’s friend, Mr. Steve Cotton! Finally we got to meet the man that enticed us to move to Salem. We went out to dinner at the Newport Seafood Grill last night and talked and talked and talked. Steve’s move to Mexico is planned for mid-April and we all had stories to share from our Mexican experiences. Dinner was great and the conversation was even better.This morning I took Sitka for a walk in Bush Park. It was hovering around 32F, but I was bundled up and it was wonderful. I think I’m going to like Salem a lot…

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You sound like you're settling in nicely, that is really great. And it's also great that you got to meet Steve.

I hope everything goes well with the job hunt and social security.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Cynthia, I'm glad I still get to read your blog. I thought I might not be able to once you moved. Glad to hear you are settling in. How nice that you have travelled so much. Take care.

Beth said...

Be sure to bring Sitka to the off leash dog park at Minto Brown. Steve can give you the particulars. And you can check out the adventure on my site: http://mintodog.blogspot.com/. Welcome to Salem.

PS: This weather is atypical.