Sunday, October 12, 2008

Murphy's Law

For four months I have been hot, sticky and wondering why the heck I moved to the desert by the sea. And I finally figured out that if I could get my hair off my neck, it would probably be more comfortable.

So yesterday I got my first Mexican haircut. And I’d venture to say that I have the shortest hair of any woman in Guaymas. Or maybe in Mexico. Most women have long hair that they pull back and off their necks.

And what happened after the haircut? Well, that’s where Murphy’s Law comes into the picture. There was a distinct change in the weather yesterday evening…no rain or wind from Hurricane Norbert…just a balmy 30C (86F) with only 26% humidity. I LOVE IT!!! I was able to walk Sitka this morning at 8:30 – something I could never tolerate until today. We actually slept WITHOUT air conditioning last night and we still have every window open with a gentle breeze sweeping through the apartment.

My first set of Lesson Plans is complete and I’m headed outside! Now if I could just figure out how to surprise the kids tomorrow at school with my new look…

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Cynthia, you look beautiful, and quite happy. Enjoy your haircut and I'm glad that storm is over. I think the kids will love it.

Brenda Maas said...

It's gonna get cold in the winter and you will need a scarf to wear on your now bare neck. lol. Just kidding, enjoy your new look, looks good.

Nancy said...

Very cute!

Frankly Ronda said...

Like it!

Theresa in Mèrida said...

Cute haircut. Whoever cut it did a good job, you look great.
I was afraid that you were going to reveal that you got a mullet! Trust me the mullet is alive and well and living in Mexico.
It took me awhile to get used to my hair cut and now I love it.
regards,
Theresa

Beth said...

I love it! That's a great cut and looks fabulous on you!

You guys are going to enjoy the fall and winter months so much!