Thursday, November 18, 2010

Workin 9 to 5

What a way to make a livin
Barely gettin by
Its all takin
And no givin
They just use your mind
And they never give you credit
Its enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it


(Dolly Parton had a different sort of take on work...)

It was exactly six months. We got back to Seattle May 15, 2010. I accepted an offer for employment November 15, 2010. I had no idea it would take that much time, but it did.

Wednesday I started my new job in the Legal Department at a large, humble company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. So far, sooooo good.

I was ready to go back to work. I like the “regularity” of work – getting up at the same time every morning, heading out for a walk (well, I’m going to try to keep up that habit), having a cup of coffee at home, feeling excited about what may happen each day, wondering how I might be able to solve the problems I face, and then coming home and sharing my day with Mike.

There is a lot to learn and I need to get up to speed quickly. No worries. I’m ready. And I’m grateful to have a job. It was risky leaving Salem and my job, but we made a plan, stayed the course, and here we are.

Thanks for everyone’s support while we toughed it out (Jejeje...yeah tough summer flying on Kenmore Air, kayaking in the San Juan Islands, biking at Alki, Shilshoe and Lake Washington, sailing on Lake Union, riding the Duck, BBQs galore!)

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Hey, good going Cynthina!! I used to love to work too but then got into real estate and I love that too but didn't really consider it a job, more like trying to find homes for first time buyers. I'm not doing that now either, I'm stay at home wife and I love it so much more. I hope you enjoy your new job. Bravo!! Clap, clap!!:DD Take care and enjoy your weekend.