Saturday, November 20, 2010

Back to the Grind

Answers.com says, “It means back to what you usually do, i.e. work, school, etc. It comes from the term ‘grind stone’, but has since built up its own meaning.”

That sounds about right...I usually work. I just had one long vacation. But I had a blast the past three days. Like I said, I like a schedule. And I stuck to my goal of getting in a power walk all three mornings before heading to work.

The abundance of new information I have had to process has been challenging. It’s like a mental marathon and I’m doing pretty well. I’m also using Microsoft Office 2007, instead of Office 2003 that I have on my laptop, and that has been a little tricky adjusting to the nuances of 2007. But, hey - I’m smart. I can do it!

The thing I didn’t like was the commute. Ugh. I drove the truck all three days. And Kenmore to Redmond is a tough drive up I-405. But coming home is worse. Every day I took a slightly different route home – none of which were much better than the others - although taking a route entirely off the freeway was less stressful. It’s hard to keep the clutch going in and out! My left leg is getting quite a workout.

I have figured out a way to get to work using the bus system and I will try that next week. I’m not sure that it’s faster, but it has to be less nerve-racking. And easier on the environment and clutch…we’ll see.

For today and tomorrow I’m going to enjoy the weekend! We may have snow in the Seattle area and that always makes for excitement because we don’t “do snow” very well in Seattle. Stay warm and stay tuned!

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh...I must have missed a previous post, you are working now. Yay and congrats!! Commuting is always so hard, but at least you are working now. Paychecks coming in.:DD Congrat!! Have a great weekend.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Glo - It will be a good weekend, indeed now that I won't be scouring the online ads, job search boards and career sites all weekend long! I hope you have a good weekend too.