Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Autumn Colors on the Burke-Gilman Trail


When I head out of our apartment, toward the Burke-Gilman Trail, this is the first view I have. That’s Bothell Way in the foreground, the Sammamish River and fog in the middle, and the luscious trees in the background.


It gets better with fewer electrical wires in the picture.



Once I cross the street and actually hit the trail, I am treated to sound barrier walls covered with ivy that is a brilliant rose-red hue right now. The colors are a real treat for the eyes.


Tall trees form an arbor while the leaves fall gently to the ground.


The bridge is dark with the fog hugging its sides.


The river runs slowly...almost at a standstill.


Wayne Golf Course last spring.


Wayne Golf Course now.


This tree hugs the shoreline. The colors are real. Autumn is here.

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

e photographs. I usually include at least one blog photograph of the Boston Ivy on my chimney at this time of year. I need to do that before I leave.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh cynthia, i don't know how i missed this post but i just looked at the pictures and they are just beautiful! i think the one of the bridge is a prize winner. you should enter it in a photo contest.

i feel like your blog is a guide book for seattle. i would love to go see the picasso exhibit. maybe i'll take myself on veteran's day.

have a great weekend.

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Steve - I can't get over the color of the ivy!!!

teresa - Thank you, thank you, thank you...I love taking pictures. I never know what I'm going to get until I download them. And YES, you should see Picasso. You will not be disappointed1