Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Weekend Quiz for People Who Know Everything

I’m not sure if this quiz was emailed to me because of my earlier post this week with the cognitive test, but here goes...

There are only nine questions. This is a quiz for people who know everything. These are not trick questions (although they may be considered tricky). They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S'.

Check back Tuesday for the answers!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah come on, I have to wait until Tuseday to see how dumb I am!

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

1- not sure but I am thinking some sort of sailing race
2- not sure
3- i think squash - but that might be considered a fruit
4- strawberries
5- the bottle is placed on the tree when the fruit is small and the fruit grows and ripens in the bottle and the liquior is added later
6- dwarf- dwindle and ... still thinking- dweebe but that is proabaly not the 3rd one haha
7- period, comma, exlamation point, question mark, colin, semi colon, parenthases, apostrophy,

8- watermellon?
- sandles, socks, sneakers, silver, slippers, ski boots, can't think of others.


I know far from everything but not too bad jaja- I cannot wait to see how I did.

GlorV1 said...

1. If I'm not mistaken, it's Niagara falls.
2. Oh I know that because my friends husband is inot boxing and he knows everything about it including this question.Boxing, yay!
3. Well we have asparagus and they come back and we've also planted rhubarb and it too has come back. I think these are it.
4. We grow a lot of berries and they seem to have their seeds on the outside.
5. Theres a couple of different ways and thats to hang the bottle on the tree with the bud inside the bottle and the other I think the jar has a screw on bottom? I think.
6. dwarf and dwindle
7. exclamation point, comma, period, semi-colon, question mark, apostrophe, colon
8. watermelon
9. shoes, socks, sandles, hmmm. that's all I can think of.

Wow, I wracked my brain trying to think of the answers. I was going to ask my husband but decided to try and answer them myself. Have a great week. Tee Hee

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Oh Cheryl, you're NOT dumb. And YES, you'll have to wait...

Mindy and Glo - nice job! Check back on Tuesday.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

1 Niagara Falls
2 Husband says boxing
3 Asparagus and Artichokes also Cardoon
4 strawberry\
5 put the bottle around the growing fruit when it's small
6 I am stumped
7 period, comma, semi colon, colon, apostrophe, quotation marks, question mark, exclamation mark,
8 banana
9 socks, sandals,sneakers, shoes, slippers, saddle shoes,swim fins,salve,soap,
regards,
Theresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Theresa - Hey, no asking Husband! Just kidding - good answers. See you tomorrow...