Friday, May 7, 2010

Princess


It’s always hard when you start a new job.

Last year at this time I began my job as a Legal Secretary for the Oregon Employment Department. Never having been a state worker, or knowing much about employment law, I had a lot to learn.

Luckily, the other Legal Secretary in our office has a lot of patience. She spent many hours bringing me up to speed. And she would challenge me. When I just wanted to know “the answer” she would make me figure it out. Hmpff!

But now I realize how valuable that was. And I appreciate her method - although it was somewhat painful at the time! We work so well together now.

Yesterday was our last day of working together because I’m off through next Tuesday and then she is off beginning next Wednesday. We had a very busy day, but we got through it all. At 4:45 I found a live version of “She’s a Brick House,” I cranked it up and we boogied the last few minutes of the day away.

Princess, I’m going to miss you! Shake it down, shake it down now...

No comments: