Thursday, May 6, 2010

Justice Prevails!

(That’s Mike’s subject line...hehe) We did it – we got the apartment in Kenmore! The landlord called yesterday, we worked out the details, and we will move in on May 15. We told Sitka and she is very happy too.

Now bear in mind that I still have to resolve the issue of the negative hit on my credit, but we have a lot more information since I wrote the last post. It’ll take some letter writing and complaining, but I’m pretty good at letter writing and complaining.

What’s left? Well, I work today and then I’m off until next Wednesday. During these next few days we’ll make another trip to Seattle with our 2nd truckload of belongings. We’ll sign our lease and leave our stuff in the apartment while the landlords complete the kitchen revamp. We’ll strategize the packing of our trailer and live out of suitcases for a week.

Oh, but I can’t forget that a coworker is hosting a farewell party for Mike and me Tuesday night at her house. And our current landlords, Betty and Ron, are coming too. Plus, of course, I have a little surprise up my sleeve for that event…

No comments: