Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Farewell Party

Last night one of the attorneys I work with hosted a farewell party for Mike and me at her home. It was a mix of judges, attorneys, secretaries, landlords and family members. The Italian feast was spectacular, the adult beverages were flowing, the company was wonderful…and the tattoos were sticking!


Just for fun I brought some packs of temporary tattoos and I tattooed as many people as I could. The kids, Miju and Devin, had to have matching peace signs…aren’t they cute?




There were appetizers including a brie, fig and almond topped cracker, chicken lasagna, seafood stuffed shells, salads and a focaccia-style bread.


And not to be forgotten were the cookies and tiramisu for dessert!


I opened some gifts and cards and got to pose for the camera.


Betty and Ron joined in the festivities and we got to spend a final night with our landlords who are also our friends.


I goofed around with Princess even when we were trying to get a serious picture together.


And the best part was the warm and fuzzy feeling I got from having all of the important people that have been a part of my Salem life in one house at the same time. We stepped outside to take a group shot and it’s a picture that will remind me of what we will miss.


THANK YOU to everyone! I had a blast. And my smiley-face tattoo that I put on my throat is still there today...I tried washing it off, but it didn’t work. I got some funny faces while I was walking around the Capitol Mall today and all I could do was laugh...

3 comments:

Ron and Betty said...

The party was wonderful and Ron & I were so happy to be included. It is nice to see all the good team building you have done with this group. They are all very nice and appreciate you very much. Best Wishes to you and see you on the internet!
Love
Betty

Anonymous said...

What is Lucky?

As I look at the pictures from your going away party, I think to myself, how lucky you are.

Are you so lucky to have a job you love so much? That you leave to work eveyday not only early, but with a big smile on your face and ready to give 110%?

And, to top it all off. Thrown a 5 Stas going awawy party by your coworkers, recognizing you for all of your efforts amd hard work?

What is Lucky? Looks to me like, "Luck" is something you might achieve after alot of effort and hard work...

One thing I do know is,
I am the Luckiest of all!

Love,
Mike

"Strawberry Fields Forever"

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

It looks like you had a wonderful party with wonderful friends.Good luck to you guys.!!!!!!!!!!!