Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Busted…NOT!

We had some unsettling news today.

I spoke with our potential new landlord in Kenmore, WA. I was concerned that we hadn’t heard back regarding our application for the PERFECT apartment so I called her from work this afternoon and she returned my call when I got home.

Apparently there is some misinformation being reported on me by the service that provides credit check info.

There is another Cynthia Johnson that is involved with a lawsuit or 2 in the state of Oregon. But it’s not me!!! I promise it’s not! But I’m not toooo concerned.

Before Mike and I could get our retiree visas and move to Mexico we had to go to Olympia, get fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check. The first report came back with a Cynthia Johnson in Washington who had been arrested for prostitution and drug sales. Again, it was not me! We were able to resolve that and the visas were issued by the Mexican Consulate in Seattle.

Hopefully, my name on the new report can be quickly cleared and the apartment will be ours. Cross your fingers for us. We move outta Salem on May 15th and as of right now we have no where to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a popular name you have! i once worked for a principal with that name.

so, if you're not moving till the 15th, why did you move all your stuff already? i'm confused.

hope the error will soon be cleared and you'll have your place ready to move into.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Teresa - see the packing post (http://cintia-y-miguel.blogspot.com/2010/04/packing-packing-packinghitch-mount-bike.html) - we're only partially moved. And YES, hopefully we'll clear this all up today!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Somehow I missed that you are going back to seattle. I hope that is a good and exciting move for you. I loved seeing the photos, I loved the northwest so much. I hope the apartment issues get resolved. The Carnation farmers' market opened yesterday!!!!!!!!! I hear there were loads and loads of flowers and honey and eggs!

Steve Cotton said...

I have not been able to hobble over to your office yet. When is your klast work day?