Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ahhh...Rain

We woke up this morning on Day 4 in Seattle with a little drizzle. It’s good for the yard. Yeah, that’s right, it’s good for the yard! HA

Our third and final drive from Salem to Seattle began early (I think we left at 5am) on Sat morning and we got here around 10:30. We stopped several times to stretch and to let Sitka out at the rest stops. She did really well. And so did I – hauling that trailer one more time. From Seattle, to Mexico City, to Guaymas, to Salem and back to Seattle. It's been over 10,000 miles and the trailer has become one of the best investments we’ve ever made. We’ll keep it in one of our parking spaces and use it as “storage” for stuff we don’t use all the time.

Our landlords were just finishing up with vacuuming the apt and before long we were schlepping our belongings from the trailer and truck into the apt. And then I took a gander at the organized unorganization. Ugh. I like things neat and tidy. But it’s a good unorganization, a fresh start, a new beginning. And Sitka is very happy on her patio in the fenced backyard. But the grass is long and the weeds are plentiful. Mike has his work cut out for him.

We’ve managed to buy a bed and dining room table with chairs and we’re on a mission for dressers, a hide-a-bed, a desk, a push-mower and gardening tools. All in good time…

But now, back to unpacking.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Yikes! You got out of town before I had an oportunity to see you off.

GlorV1 said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Me, heck I doubt if I will ever move again. It's just to much packing and unpacking. I don't have the strength for it any more. Good luck to you and yours. A hello to Sitka. ::woof woof::

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Steve - Sorry we didn't get together...we ran out of time!

Gloria - Thank you for checking in on us! We also are tired of moving. I gave Sitka a big pat from you. She has weathered this move quite well considering she's 12 this year. I love my doggie!

Ron and Betty said...

We are glad to hear you are settling in to your new place. It should be fun to go shopping for your own stuff! We miss you. I keep thinking I hear you downstairs! We will soon have too much sound from downstairs probably with the hard rock lovers moving in! Take care and keep in touch! Love Ya - Hugs to Sitka!
Betty