Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stainin' the Deck

I’ve noticed some of my other blogging friends are writing about their homes and showing pics (Babs' girly-girl bedroom, Nancy and Paul's sala fresca, Felipe's grassy yard, and Constantino's backyard) so I thought I’d share my Saturday morning at home that is now Sunday morning...

We are lucky to live in the basement apartment below the home of our “new” friends and landlords, Betty and Ron. The apartment includes a sunroom off the kitchen and a deck off the sunroom. The deck is covered and we have enjoyed sitting out there in the heat of the day, in the evening when I get home from work, and in the rain watching the trees swaying in the wind.

But the deck and lattice-work fence are new and they hadn’t been stained yet.


So yesterday morning at 7am the 4 of us set out to “get her done.” It was quick and easy thanks to Ron’s foresight in getting a good sprayer for the paint. He sprayed, Mike held giant pieces of cardboard to cover the plants and things that we didn’t want sprayed, while Betty and I followed with paintbrushes to spread the paint evenly.


By 9:30 we were sitting in the yard enjoying the beginning of another sunny day in Salem. This morning I moved the furniture back to the deck and now we’re ready for more enjoyable time out on the deck.

3 comments:

Ron and Betty said...

It looks great! Thanks for all your help. It made it a lot easier. I am scheduled to shuttle Mike to appointments on Tuesday. See you then Mike!
Betty

Michael Dickson said...

That looks like a nice place. I wish I could afford to live in Salem.

Anonymous said...

the deck looks great! is that the bromeliad i gave you? i finally got one for myself. actually, i've bought so many plants the place is beginning to look like a jungle-i LOVE plants.

just got back from ocean shores this afternoon. it was a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

did you get my last e-mail? i wrote right before leavving for the shore-at least i think that's when.

take care and say hi to mike, betty, ron and a pat on the head for sitka. by the way, jack had a great time at the beach. luckily we were able to find a place that took pets.

teresa