Thursday, August 6, 2009

1974-2009 35th High School Reunion

It was the “dawning of the age of Aquarius” – well, a few years later...Lynnwood High in Lynnwood, Washington was about 20 miles north of Seattle. It was the latest edition to Edmonds School District and the campus was completed in 1971. Just recently the school was demolished and a new Lynnwood High will arise.

Our class was joined by the Class of 1973 and together we “broke in” Lynnwood High and our class graduated in June, 1974. Wow. That sounds like a long time ago.

Our 35th high school reunion will be held this weekend. The main “party” will be Saturday evening at Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville, Washington (close to Chateau St. Michelle winery.) Mike and I planned to go, but we have decided to stay home. It just seems so scary to think Mike could have another seizure. If that’s his fate I’d rather be in Salem. For now anyway.

So if anyone from LHS is lurking around, leave a comment! And have a great reunion.

p.s. My best friend, Cheryl, facilitated the organization of this event and I know it will be FAB!!!
p.p.s.s. Felipe – I am tempted to post a pic of Cheryl flopping around on a “bouncy house” thingy (those big inflatable things for kids’ parties), but then I remembered your comment about her wanting to throttle me…

2 comments:

tqoe17 said...

I'm sorry you won't be here tonight. If your ears start ringing, you will know that we are talking about you.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Is that you Julieann?? 17??