Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pearl Jam in Vancouver, WA!

Hee hee hee…does anyone remember my post from last year about Mike’s surprise birthday party?

Well, I must admit that this year I have outdone myself…

Yesterday I bought 2 tickets to the Pearl Jam show on 9/26 at the Clark County Amphitheater (about 20 minutes north of Portland)!!! As a member of the Ten Club, I get the opportunity to buy Pearl Jam concert tickets prior to the sale of tickets to the public - and we get really good seats. Tickets went on sale via the Ten Club website yesterday afternoon at 3:00. I had told the other Legal Secretary about it and we made sure I was available to purchase at 3:00. As always, it was fast and easy, and by 3:01 I had confirmed tickets.

Even better is that my cousin Mary and her son Jordan (from Seattle and a Ten Club member) ALSO got tickets so we’ll be going together!!! Mary and I only recently found that we both are big PJ fans and I am very happy to share the excitement with her.

Now how in the world do I manage to keep this secret from Mike until his birthday on 9/18???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't let him read your posts and hopefully he won't find out. what is the 10 club? never heard of it. i'm sure mike will be thrilled.

how is your weather. we've had clouds, and cool weather for the past 10 days. we've gotten aquite a bit of rain in the last few days which has been great! however, i am ready for summer to come back.

take care,
teresa

Ron and Betty said...

I won't tell! This will be a GREAT birthday surprise! His BD is the same day as Eli's so I will remember it. Good Job! I once surprised Ron with a front row seat to his favorite singer Joan Baez! It was amazing.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

You guys will have great time!!

canadiangrl said...

Cynthia, I remember reading about your love for Pearl Jam and came across this piece on KINK FM Portland - enjoy...
http://www.kink.fm/Eddie-does-Sugar-Mountain/5070179

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Teresa, Betty, Linda Lou and Canadiangrl - I can hardly keep the secret from Mike! And I just played the song from Canadiangrl's link above - gracias, mi amiga! Mike is sitting right here and he doesn't have a clue...hahahahaha!