Saturday, August 8, 2009

Salem Garden Vegetables


Betty and Ron put in a fairly large vegetable garden this spring and we are enjoying the bounty. Look at this! Green onions, tomatoes and a curly cucumber. Nice, huh?


Paired with goodies from our sunroom – lettuces, basil and chives...plus, Mike’s cheddar cheese addition...


and we have a colorful salad. Since we’re missing the reunion festivities we’re celebrating at home tonight with our fresh from the garden salad and...


broiled lobster tails with lemon butter.

On another note, Mike had one more blood draw today and he’s doing very well. He helped lug all the groceries downstairs, carrying the largest and heaviest bag. Thankfully, he is back to his regular self. I was really worried about him!

Bon appetit!

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I'm happy that your husband Mike is doing a little better. It is always so nice to have your own veggies. I've got so much chili, butternut squash, tomatoes and they just keep giving. I give a lot of it away and the rest I store for winter. Again I'm glad that Mike is doing better and go eat those greens!! Yay!!

Babs said...

I've been gone so much I'm just NOW catching up on blogs. I'm so sorry I wasn't around to send you positive energy and words of encouragement.....but I DO want you to know I'm THRILLED to hear things are going better.
Hang in there - one day at a time!

Ron and Betty said...

Wow, what a feast! Excellent way to celebrate Mike's recovery to himself. Come up for more tomato's as soon as you run out.

Anonymous said...

glad mike is continuing to improve.

the veggies look great. yesterday we stopped at a farm stand and bought lots of goodies-next year steve will grow our own veggies. i'm the flower lady so i'll be planting plenty of those.

i've only bought lobster once and it was very hard getting the shell off. glad you enjoyed such a treat. you deserve to celebrate.

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Gloria, Babs, Betty and Teresa - Mike continues to improve his strengh and he is eating everything in sight! Thanks for all the good thoughts.