Monday, June 8, 2009

Week Three

As my third week of working for the State of Oregon begins, I can honestly say I’m happy I accepted this position as a Legal Secretary. But I can also honestly say I forgot how grueling it is to start a new job with training on each little step.

At least my team is small (just 9 people) and I learned everyone's name on the first day. I had such a hard time with the kids' names when I was teaching in Guaymas...with their long, black hair pulled back they looked so much alike and many of their names were new to me.

But I am enjoying the challenge of learning new stuff. And getting to know some new people. Plus, riding my little route from home to the office and back is quite fun.

I don't exactly know what Mike and Sitka do all day, but they sure look happy to see me when I get home. That's it from Salem!

3 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

so glad it is going well for you guys!glad you like the new job and the bike route, too!

Ron and Betty said...

Congratulations! New jobs are really hard to break in but glad you are enjoying it so much. Tell Mike to come upstairs and visit. We enjoy that! The passion flower is blooming!

GlorV1 said...

That's great that you are liking your new job and the trek on the bike as well. Enjoy.