Thursday, April 30, 2009

Talking to Glasgow, Scotland

In Mexico we met Richard from Scotland. He came to Guaymas (like us) to teach English. And Richard and I wound up teaching at the same school.We lived within 20 feet from his casita to our apt and we became fast friends. The whole teaching experience in Guaymas was a nightmare (yeah, it REALLY was) and it was nice to have someone close with whom I could debrief after every day of school.

Richard returned to Scotland (after attempting to successfully teach at yet another Guaymas bilingual school that was just as bad as the initial school.) This morning we used Windows Messenger to talk live with Richard. We wanted to use our Web Cam, but couldn’t figure it out (we got error messages), but if anyone has info on how we can make it work, PLEASE COMMENT!

Best wishes to Richard who is headed to Budapest to expound on his Ph.D., share and gain knowledge!

p.s. Be sure to read my earlier post from this morning below!

5 comments:

1st Mate said...

Hi, Cynthia - Did you see the photos from Richard of his trip to the Mexican pyramids? Looks like at least then he was having fun!

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Si si! The pics are great...it makes us wishful that we had ventured outside of DF! Another day...

Steve Cotton said...

Wish I could be there to walk you through the web cam. I had some similar issues, but a kid (19. That is a kid to me) walked me through it. I doubt I could do it in a post.

Frankly Ronda said...

Do not know how to help in Windows Live but we have Skype and it works great for video conference.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know all of your friends are doing well. I'm sure they miss you both. We are glad we have you now!
Ron & Betty