Saturday, April 4, 2009

Road Trip on Oregon Coast

We woke up to warm weather and sunshine today and decided to drive to the Oregon Coast and see the Pacific Ocean! I hadn’t been to the Oregon Coast in many years and I was surprised that it was only about 1.5 hours from Salem to Lincoln City. We went a bit further – to Newport – turned around and came home. The drive from Newport to Salem was 2 hours.

I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures of Sitka. But she was naughty today…barking at everyone and dragging me on the beach. Bad girl!

Here are some pics…(double clicking on any of them will enlarge the pic!)Lincoln CityFlying KitesFamily at the BeachGuy Sleeping on the BeachLittle Kid in a Red HatSeagulls at the BeachFurther Down the CoastYaquina Head Lighthouse in the Waaaaayyy DistanceBridge in NewportBridge & Marina in NewportTime to Go Back to Salem

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a day for a drive to the beach good for you!! I, on the other hand worked today & Kurt was home with a cold!! But our hope tmw is to hop on our bikes & ride down to Golden Gardens Beach!!! You live in a beautiful state!! so happy you two/three are enjoying it!!! love youse guys, Jackie & Kurt

GlorV1 said...

It's nice that you are happy to be back in the USA and I'm sure there will be a lot of days when you miss your other adventures. The beach looks really inviting and how nice to be able to just relax. Have a great Sunday. Take care.

Steve Cotton said...

Great road trip. I almost took Jiggs down to the beach today, but I had a party in Portland. Maybe next week -- as if I didn't have enough to do already.

Anonymous said...

answered your e-mail then checked the blog. how beautiful that blue sky is as well as the beach of course. i love the oregon coast. it is gorgeous up here as well. since i'll be in the keys for a month i probably won't hit the beach here till later in the summer. i can hardly believe my trip is just a little over 2 months away. time is a flying!
teresa

Anonymous said...

p.s. love the pix! you and mike look great!

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Jackie - Yep, so far Oregon has been good to us. Now if I could just get a job...

Gloria - Waaaayyy different beach scene than in Guaymas! Yesterday Mike said, "Where are the palapas?"

Steve - I couldn't believe how unruly little, Ms. Sitka was yesterday! As if she'd never been at a beach before...

Teresa - Why do you always rub it in about your visits to the Keys?! I can see myself now having breakfast at the Turtle (forget the real name) restaurant on the water watching the retired guys take their little skiffs out to go fishing in the AM. And the Duval Crawl...have you ever tried drinking at every establishment on Duval Street and then crawling back to your B&B? HA!

Jill said...

Ooh, one of my favorite places in all the earth. If you turn right/north at McDonalds and go a couple miles, you'll come to Road's End park, a nice little out-of-the-way place to park and walk. The windsurfers usually congregate here too.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Jill - We'll try to remember that the next time we go. We'd love to see the windsurfers!