Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Blog from Salem, Oregon!

Hehehehe…just in case you missed this pic from my recent post...
This is a pic of Ron and Betty, our friends and landlords, who graciously accepted us as tenants – sight unseen, no jobs, no income – when I responded (from Mexico) to Betty’s Craigslist ad for a furnished studio apt in Salem. The ad said “cat maybe,” and I wrote and told Betty all about Sitka (our German shepherd)...that began the email exchange that ended with Betty and Ron offering us the apt while we were still in Mexico!

We got here in late January and we’ve been lucky to get to know Ron and Betty, as well as their family and friends. They are both very creative and they keep busy in their “twilight years” with their online business. Betty has taken an interest in blogging and just this week she launched Growing Old Together which I have added to my blogroll. Betty loves to write and she has a lot of witty wisdom to share with us. Hell, I might even learn something from reading her blog! Check it out.

No comments: