Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ten Year Anniversary

Ten years ago today Mike and I were married in a chapel in Seattle. It was a very small wedding and we all went out to dinner at Las Margaritas Restaurant in downtown Seattle to celebrate after the ceremony. My parents videotaped the ceremony and the dinner and all the shots of tequila. The next day Mike and I flew to Maui for our honeymoon. It was heavenly!

Today I made Mike a lei from construction paper at work and he’s wearing it now! And he had roses delivered to our apartment and they are just beautiful! We are going to hunker down tonight – and watch that videotape – and enjoy a night together without any other concerns.

If anyone had told me we’d be living in Mexico ten years ago I would have laughed. How serendipitous that we picked Las Margaritas Restaurant to celebrate our wedding all those years ago…

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh how sweet. Ten years. Happy 10th. Anniversary and may you have many many more. Toasting to you.

Brenda Maas said...

Happy Anniversary.

Nancy said...

Congratulations, you two!

Nancy

1st Mate said...

Feliz Aniversario, amigos! Wow, you two have had a lot to celebrate lately.

Beth said...

Happy anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

Check this link out.
http://cintia-y-miguel.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

I know it's a long shot but maybe he went down in a car?

Anonymous said...

Cintia, whoops, i think this is it
http://members5.boardhost.com/lamanzanilla/msg/1228692896.html

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Anonymous - I'm not clear on your comment. Could you please email me at chizillin@att.net? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Happy (late)Anniversary to you! My name is Kristin and I own the "Dog Daze of San Carlos" canine center. I am just sick to hear about Sitka. I ask everyone I know here to keep their eyes open for her. Perhaps you should add to your posters that this dog needs medicine. If someone has her and does not intend to return her, at least they can provide her with the medicine she needs. I am keepin the faith that she will find her way back to you soon. Maybe we should relocate that little white kitten?? Let me know if I can be of ANY assistance to you. I LOVE reading your blog!

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Kristin - thanks for your post and the info you put on the San Carlos Forum about buying dog tags here. I appreciate it! I'll be sure to post in both places WHEN/if Sitka comes home again.