Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Sitka Post

On November 7, 2008 our German shepherd, Sitka, ran out of our apartment in el Centro Guaymas after a street cat and she was GONE…

Today, on December 18, 2008, Sitka was returned to us (again – her first escape was in late October – after living here since June!)

A man named David called me at 2:10 today and said he had found her, but that he had given her to a man who claimed she was his. (He had used the Guaymas radio announcement forum to advise that he had found a German shepherd.) David had seen our recently posted flyers in el Centro with her picture and he knew that was Sitka!

Long story short, David met me at Hotel Ana this afternoon and had Sitka in his van. I knew in a heartbeat that it was her. I grabbed her and began to weep. And then I grabbed David and we both wept. He knew he found Sitka’s mom and I knew I had found Sitka.

I never really thought we would find her (again.) And I will get a new dog tag made with our Guaymas contact info ASAP. It is so weird. After that long. Our Christmas came a whole week early! FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Cynthia and Mike,

I am so happy she is back! Congratulations! I imagine that is about the best present you could have even imagined!

Anonymous said...

my christmas wish came true for you. i'm thrilled! merry christmas, feliz navidad, joyeux noel, omedetto gozaimas, buon natale!!!

teresa

1st Mate said...

This is so wonderful, it really makes me believe in miracles.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

Wonderful!!! I am so happy for all of you! I bet Sitka is really happy to be home.
regards,
Theresa

Steve Cotton said...

Cynthia -- You cannot know how happy I am for you. I have not told you this, but twice I tracked down leads (one in La Manzanilla; one in Melaque) for German Shpherds foiund on the beach. Someone else made the same potential connection. But the dogs were male. I can stop looking now. There is no joy like the return of a prodigal dog.

Todd said...

Now that is a MERRY CHRISTMAS present!

We are so glad for you!

Diane said...

I have been been hoping for this post every time I click on my google reader. I am so happy for you!

Billie Mercer said...

Oh, what a wonderful, wonderful Christmas Present. I'm so glad you have Sitka back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia, I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Mike. I think Steve Cotton and I have worried about Sitka daily. What a wonderful Christmas! Joan

The Propane Chef said...

I am so happy for you and Mike! I came in to La Paz after 6 wks. at anchor, started playing Internet catch-up, & was so saddened to learn about Sitka's latest walkabout. Forget new tags, Sitka needs her own GPS beacon! Merry Christmas indeed to the 3 of you - Marianne & Gary, s/v Gallant Fox