Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kickin' It At 53!

Yesterday I turned 53 years old. And I have to say that this is the first year that I feel OLD. Those little kids are taking their toll on me!

But they were so cute yesterday. At about 1:00 someone came to my class and said we all had to go up to the Music Room on some ruse…we went and all the other kids, teachers and staff were there with my crown and a birthday cake. A crown is traditional for birthdays at St. Mary’s Preschool. Of course, I wore it for the rest of the day!
When I got home Richard and Francisco (Lolita’s grandson) had just hauled a small filing cabinet into our apartment. This was something that I had been looking for (for all these Lesson Plans I’m creating) and Mike had little Lolita pick one up at a flea market. I was so surprised!

Mike had invited a few friends over and we had chips and adult beverages…it was quite nice! Plus, I got a couple of great bottles of wine and a lovely pair of slacks. Here are teachers Richard and Crystal.
And it was back to school early this morning. But check out this sunrise from our front door. Paradise…

8 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I must say you look outstanding. Happy Late Birthday and many more. Don't feel old, think young and you will be. You have a great smile, it lights up your face. Take care and have a great day tomorrow.

1st Mate said...

Feliz Compleanos, amiga! Little kids can make anybody feel older, but sometimes they bring out our inner little kids too. All you have to do is notice it and enjoy it. I see your inner kid very often, smiling out at me, and she's a lot of fun to be around.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks for asking us, sorry Roy couldn't come; but his staying home was productive. The guy from Megacable did come and hook up his computer so that was good. He was very happy when I returned home from your place.

Brenda Maas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Cotton said...

Let me add my congratulations. You help keep me charged up about my move -- and it is quickly getting here. But our fall has been so pleasant, it will be hard to leave behind.

Beth said...

Happiest of birthdays!!!

Ale said...

Happy birthday!! I´m just back from a cazy couple of weeks in hermosillo. Two days later but I´ll sing "las mañanitas" to you, even if it´s just virtual singing. Say hi to Mike for us. And when ever you need a break from the kids, just call, after all we´re old enough to have a drink (lol) Saludos!! Ale y Ulisses.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!