Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pastorela

It has been a crazy couple of weeks at school. Tomorrow St. Mary’s Preschool students (even the 2 year olds,) along with the Primaria and Secundaria students from Colegio Navarrete, will perform the annual Pastorela event at the Civic Auditorium here in Guaymas (5:00 if you’re interested!)

The preparation for Pastorela has been intense! Rehearsal after rehearsal, measuring the kids and having costumes created, creating props and decorations – and more rehearsals! I never know when the Music or Physical Education teachers will come into one of my classes and take my kids away for rehearsal. I have heard the songs so many times that I find myself humming them at home or when driving around town.

And yesterday the Colegio Navarrete students did a full rehearsal on the St. Mary’s Preschool outdoor stage. Wow. I guess I hadn’t realized how BIG this event is! Plus, I just found out that the teachers will be on stage, singing and dancing to the final song. Yipee! I love the stage.

Three more days of teaching, posados (Christmas parties) for the students and the teachers on Wednesday, and then VACATION until Jan 5. I am soooo ready for that. I just finished my Lesson Plans for that first week in January and I have almost made it through the toughest part of the school year.

On another note, I have created new posters and increased the reward amount for Sitka. On a suggestion from the San Carlos Forum, I added “No questions asked” to the flyer and I plan to hand them out to Guaymas police tomorrow and plead for their help. On a suggestion from the parents of one of my students, I plan to put ads in 2 newspapers, El Impartial and La Voz del Puerto. She’s been gone for 5 weeks now, but I have not given up hope of finding her. If you have any info, please call me at 622.111.7973.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should pass out flyers or put up posters where the show is held tomorrow. that will give your search even more exposure along with the other suggestions.

got our first snow overnight and it is snowing right now. it is supposed to go down to 16 tonight.

i'll e-mail you tomorrow. good luck with the show and finding sitka. what a wonderful christmas present it would be for you to have her home.

teresa

1st Mate said...

Cynthia - I hope you're mentioning on the flyer her age and that she has medical issues. If whoever has her sees that, they may rethink keeping her, especially since Mexicans usually can't afford the vet.

Frankly Ronda said...

The Pastorela at our kids' school is tomorrow. Youngest Son says he has been practicing EVERY day all the time. We are excited to see it ...