Monday, August 15, 2011

Extended Stay at Nintendo

It is with mixed emotion that I report to say my contract at Nintendo has been extended once again. My manager recently asked me if I could stay on through the end of September. Of course, I said, “Yes!”

How could I respond in any other way? While I have submitted resumes to other companies recently and I have gone through a few interviews, there have been no offers of employment extended to me.

Knowing that I have a known income for another six weeks is wonderful. Not knowing what will happen at the end of those six weeks is not so wonderful.

I recently read about a guy on a mission to be hired by Google. And I have been reading his Google Please Hire Me site.

Dude is clever and I admire him for having the huevos to create a site and go out there, taking a stab at it. He had a phone interview with Google last Wednesday and I hope Google hires him! And I hope you enjoy his site. I'm still laughing...

No comments: