Friday, September 17, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away - Red Hook Brewery, Woodinville, WA


Yesterday it rained. And rained. And rained. But it didn’t spoil our girls’ lunch at Red Hook Brewery. (Although if you enlarge the pic you will see that my "friends" spoiled the picture by sticking out their tongues. Hmpff!)

Red Hook Brewery is in the heart of Woodinville’s wine country with over 70 wineries less than 30 minutes from downtown Seattle! Who would have thought? As I drove to Red Hook I passed sign after sign announcing, “Wine Tasting Room Open”, at well known wineries including Chateau Ste. Michelle, Columbia Winery, Silver Lake Winery, Facielli Winery, Januik Winery...if only I had more time and a driver with me!

But today was for visiting with my girlfriends and eating good food. I had a Coho salmon sandwich with cous cous and I must say it was one nice, moist and flavorful filet. It was one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time - good job, Red Hook!


And we had a surprise visitor, Cheryl’s little bro, Kevin! He was attending a meeting in one of the upstairs banquet rooms and he stopped by our table to say hello.

As usual we had a great lunch and spent a couple of hours catching up with each others’ lives. One of us (and I won’t say who) is caught up in Facebook’s Farmville. And another of us (again, can’t say who) pretends she doesn’t know anything about Facebook. Or the internet. Or even email. However, she sure had some pointed questions about Farmville that made it seem like she was quite familiar with Facebook! Personally I have limited experience with Facebook...I have a page, but I rarely post to it. Can anyone tell me what the heck Farmville is all about???

Regarding the weather – I just checked the outlook for Saturday in Kenmore – there’s a 50% chance of rain! Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Aye, yi, yi...Mike’s birthday may not go as planned.

3 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Feiz Compleanos, Mike!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you, cha cha cha

happy birhtday to you, cha cha cha

happy birthday miguelito,

happy birthday to you!

hope it was a wonderful 54th birthday!!!

saludos,
teresa in lake stevens

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

LL and t - Mike says THANK YOU!