Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mike’s Turning 54 on September 18th!

Mike and I like to celebrate our birthdays. We like a good party and we like to do it in style. In years past we have celebrated Mike’s birthday with VIP tickets to a Jimmy Buffett concert in Vancouver, WA...we went to New York and saw the Yankees play the Red Sox in the original Yankee Stadium...we’ve taken a week-long trip on Lake Powell, UT on a houseboat with 8 other friends...we had a big surprise party in Guaymas...and last year in Salem, OR I surprised him with tickets to a Pearl Jam show.


Here he is on the houseboat and he turned the big 5-0 on that trip!


We also rode our Harley to the annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, SD that August so Mike could say he made the trip before he turned 50 and here we are somewhere en route - I think that was Couer d'Alene, ID, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

So if you’ve been reading this blog regularly you might remember that I surprised Mike last month with a Sea Kayaking trip up in the San Juan Islands – for his birthday – and we did it a month early because we were hoping to see numerous orca whales feeding in August. Alas, we saw none.

And now that it’s almost Mike’s actual birthday I have been scratching my head, wondering what to do on Saturday. Well, I came up with a fantastic idea! But it will only happen if the weather is good in Kenmore on Saturday. So I need everyone to have a brief chat with Mother Nature and ask her to please provide us with clear skies on Saturday. Okay, start chatting...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a feeling i know what you're up to. just asked the good Lord for some sunshine on sat. good luck!

teresa

when is your birthday?

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

hehehehe

Brenda Maas said...

Happy Birthday Mike. Have a good one.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Brenda - Mike says "Thank you!"

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

I cannot wait to read all about it! My kids and I sent our good hot Mexico sun juju up to you. It should be arriving shortly. (Hopefully in time)

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi RCIT - "hot Mexico sun juju - I've never heard of that before - but I'll take it! Thank you for your good thoughts.