Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Julie and Julia

Last night I saw the movie Julie and Julia and I loved it! It is the story of Julia Child’s (Meryl Streep) start in the cooking profession mixed with the story of Julie Powell (Amy Adams) cooking her way through all the recipes in Julia’s first cookbook, while blogging about the experience.

It was the blogging element that hooked me. I felt so much like Julie when she was posting to her blog. And I won’t quickly forget the scene in which she is initially creating her Blogspot blog. It was exactly what I did just over 2 years ago.

And it was the love component that made me smile. The love between Julia and her husband and Julie and her husband – Julia in Paris, Julie in New York – was so strong and compelling.

If you have a chance, see the movie! And on my lunch hour today I’ll be searching for Julie’s blog...I wonder if it is still out there. Does anyone know??

12:45pm The original blog is at http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html. Use the calendar to pick a post to read.

No comments: