Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Teaching Contract Signed!



This week I signed my contract with St. Mary's Preschool - associated with Colegio Navarrete, a primary (grades 1-6) and secondary (grades 7-9) private school. I am scheduled to begin orientation on August 18 with classes starting the following week. The schools must be pretty important to the community as they have their own directional sign off Lopez, one of the main streets through Guaymas!

The campus houses both the Preschool and Colegio Navarrete and the scenery is just beautiful. This is a shot of stairs that lead to what must be an outside stage.


And this is the Preschool itself from the stage stairs.


This is also from the stairs - showing the gates into the Preschool and the surrounding neighborhood.

And here is a great pic of the Director of the Preschool, Elsa with her 2 daughters, Lucia and Maria Paola. Maria Paola will be in my English class!

On another note, Richard from Scotland found our blog and we have been emailing each other. He will be arriving in Guaymas in August and he will also be an English teacher at Colegio Navarrete. If anyone has any housing ideas for Richard, please send me an email.

5 comments:

Gary Denness said...

Congrats! I've been following all your photos...looks like you found a fabulous place to settle!

I used to get out of the city more to kick up some dust clouds in relaxed little towns - I really love them.

Steve Cotton said...

Great news indeed.

Unknown said...

Cynthia & Mike, I am so happy for you, girlie you will fit so nicely into that school & what a wonderful way to be a part of the community!! You'll meet wonderful kids & their families & you will make them laugh!!!! The town looks beautiful, can't wait to visit. Love you tons, xoxoxoxxxo Jackie & Kurt
p.s. we will be spending 4th of July tmw with both my girlies!!! here in Seattle on Queen Anne at their friends house with a beautious view of the fireworks....ahhhh, it is so good to have Josie back & Cory close by!

Tom said...

Super Congrastulations on getting that contract signed. Although in this culture, at least here in Merida, it's rare to get actual contracts, it's always reassuring to us gringos to have some sort of paperwork. We feel more settled and secure for the having.

Felicidades
Debi

Katie said...

Hi Cynthia and Mike! My name is Katie. I was just offered a position for the 2009-10 school year at St. Mary's. I would appreciate any advice and to be able to ask some questions! I would love you hear about your experience! katros25@yahoo.com