Monday, June 9, 2008

Seattle to Guaymas


Wheewwww...4,958 miles from there to here!

That's me in my element - a hotel pool. We're staying at a hotel on the beach tonight and enjoying some down time before contacting our new landlord to move into our apt. We had to bribe the front desk ($250 pesos - or $25 US dollars) to let Sitka in the room, but it is well worth it. She has been such a good doggie on this long trip - her first ever with us.

The drive from Morelia wasn't bad. We finally figured out that we need to study our AAA Mexico map before heading out each morning to get familiar with the names of the upcoming towns so we don't miss them on the directional signs. Duh. Too bad we didn't think of that when we were in Monterrey!

We would have liked to stop in Mazatlan to meet Nancy and Paul (see Countdown to Mexico in my blogroll to the right)...afterall, they are also from the Great Northwest! Unfortunately, we were on a mission to get to Guaymas and we zoomed right by. Hope to see you two sometime in the near future!

Guaymas seems like a really neat town on the Sea of Cortez with water that is a beautiful green-blue color. There are about 100,000 people here and it is much cleaner and quieter than Mexico City. I have only heard a couple of car horns and sometimes I think they honk at us just to say hello to the truck from Washington.

Brenda and Roy (see their blog in my blogroll) live in Guaymas and Bliss and The Capt. (1st Mate of the S/V "Bliss" in my blogroll) live not to far away in San Carlos. We can't wait to meet all 4 of these people who helped inspire our move to Mexico!

And to everyone else that has followed us here - THANK YOU! We will continue to write about everything that happens here. Keep posting and dreaming...after this journey I know that anything is possible!

4 comments:

1st Mate said...

Bienvenidos! I hope to meet you tomorrow for coffee -- there's a nice place 1/2 block from your new apt. I emailed you a minute ago, and sent my phone number.

Nancy said...

I knew you'd be too excited to stop in Mazatlan, we totally understand!

Enjoy your new home and keep us posted~!

Steve Cotton said...

I am extremely pleased to hear that your adventure continues. Tonight I wll post a small item about it. Now, I need to get busy on my own adventure. Just another month and I wll be down for a week. And, in a year -- ?

Beth said...

Congratulations!!! You made it!

Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

(I'm a little jealous though...)