Thursday, June 26, 2008

Preschool English Teacher

Geez, it has been such an exciting week I forgot to post that I GOT THE JOB! I will be teaching English to 3, 4, and 5 year old preschoolers at Colegio Navarrete here in Guaymas. I will have 3 classes at 1.75 hours each, with about 20 of the little rascals in each class. OMG! Can I do it???

The term begins in August so I am "free" until then. The contract was emailed to me and I have hired our landlady, Lolita, to translate and review it with me before I sign it - but besides that I have the job.

And today must be the HOTTEST day we've experienced so far. The other day we thought about buying a thermostat, but we didn't want to know how hot it really is. We have the fans blasting, windows and doors open - trying to find a breeze - but today it was toooooo hot inside.

On another note, one of Lolita's grandsons was able to hook up cable to our TV so no more $$ to Block Buster. Plus, Lolita's Hotel Ana across the street offers wireless internet. So guess where I am right now? Sitting in my truck, with Sitka in the extended cab and the AC keeping me cool! Plus, we found even cheaper water this week. We bought a 5 gallon refill for just $6 pesos ($0.60 US cents.) Whhooo-hooo! I knew we could find bargains if we just kept looking.

And now I need to investigate Paul's idea about the fumigator...

3 comments:

Deb Hall ~ Zocalo de Mexican Folk Art said...

Congratulations on the teaching job. Way cool. Keep us posted, please...

Steve Cotton said...

Yikes! What happened to the driving post? It was great!

Steve Cotton said...

Sorry. I was thinking of something else when I posted that last comment. Just ignore me, said the slightly demented man from Oregon while he muttered to himself.