Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pleased to Meet You, Won’t You Guess My Name?

We’ve been snapping and snapping, taking pictures of these three little bundles of energy, but we’re having a hard time getting them to stand still! Nevertheless, we have come up with a few cute pics.

Ladies and gentlemen – we’d like to introduce you to Rock, Squeak and their “cousin” Bella (yep, she turned out to be a female Lhasa Apso).


Here’s our diggity-dog, Rock…“Let's go outside and play!"


“Ahhh…it’s so nice and warm in front of the fireplace. Can you turn the stereo up a bit?”


“I’m a happy dog!”


Here’s our kitty-cat, Squeak. They told us he was named Squeak because he didn’t have a meow. But he does! I’ll have to record that. And see that light-colored patch on his side? Apparently he had a tangle with a pit bull years ago.


“I’ve never been outside, but that sun looks so inviting…” They told us Squeak would bolt if he ever went outside. He went out with Rock on his 3rd day here. And he has been out every day since. (Yes, we have nametags on both of them with our phone number.)


And here is that straight-standing stick of a tail Squeak sports.


“Arf, arf, meow, meow – we’re hungry!” Dinnertime!

While we are smitten with these two new adopted critters and they are very loving and well-behaved, I cannot say the same for the sister’s Lhasa Apso (see previous 3 posts) that Mike has been doggie-sitting this week. It’s something about a small, fluffy dog…that’s just not my idea of a dog. I like a big, strong, playful dog – like Sitka and Rock!


Here’s that little Bella now…ewwwwwww…


And here are the three amigos. Hehehe…notice who’s outside?

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Cynthia, you both should receive an award for your love of family pet members. I gotta tell you, the first picture I had to look twice because it so resembles my Chorizo baby who has been gone since 2007. I gasped and called my husband who is off work today and he agreed that Rock does resemble Chorizo. I applaud you both, but these little critters will require lots of care. Take care and thanks for sharing the great photos.

Anonymous said...

but bella looks like a little teddy bear-how could you not find her adorable?

the other 2 are beautiful! rock looks like he'd be a good walking partner-let's go for a walk mom and dad! and what can i say about squeak? does she remind you of another kitty we know? she looks a lot like my red. then again, i guess most orange tabbies look alike.

off to join brenda for our walk. what a gorgeous day! it's about time.

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Glo – They are both that luscious, yummy, chocolate color! And Rock’s ears are so cute the way the bend over at the tip. Our “award” has been the love we get from these animals. Plus, the whole “pay it forward” philosophy is something we try to live everyday. Thanks for your good thoughts!

t – I walked with Rock this morning on the Burke-Gilman Trail. He did just fine, but I don’t think long, cold morning walks are in his future. He was tuckered out when we got home. However, short walks and visits to parks might be better for the boy!

Julie Ann said...

What a fine looking new family. I agree with you about Bella. I don't think they are really dogs.....

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Oh Julie Ann, do you remember all those years ago – we were sophomores or juniors in high school - and I got a doggie from you? It was a mini German shepherd that I named Zoro. And I told my dad it was a spayed female. But she wasn’t spayed and I had to use my money earned as a dishwasher to pay for the operation. I think my dad really knew all along…

Matthew Smith said...

Just wanted to tell you what a fine looking furry family you have there.I think sometimes things or people are put in our path for a reason. Good karma should be coming your way. Thanks for the pics. Jan in Mississippi

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Jan - We agree about things coming our way for a reason...and we can always use some good karma. "If one sows goodness, one will reap goodness; if one sows evil, one will reap evil." I want goodness!!!
p.s. Could you email me sometime...my dad hailed from Pearl and it's time for me to look for his family. chizillin@att.net

Matthew Smith said...

Hey Cynthia I would be glad to help you. I live in Hattiesburg which is 90 miles south of Pearl. My email address is jansmithzzz@gmaildotcom

1st Mate said...

Cynthia - I just checked your blog and saw your new family members! Squeak looks just like a cat I had more than 10 years ago, named Pooz. Rock is a handsome fellow, looks like a lot of fun. Bless you for taking him in when he really needed somebody to love him.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Bliss! Yes, Rock is handsome, isn't he? And such a sweet dog...nice and mellow. Squeak is quite loveable and he really likes his catnip!

Just like you, we have a hard time saying no to the critters. Keep up your EXCELLENT work for the dogs of San Carlos!