Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Lhasa Apso Isn’t So Bella After All

If you know me, you know I like dogs, cats, birds, fish, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, goats, COWS (I like them a lot!), horses and most people (well...a lot of people). What I don’t like is this little rat-style icky dog that barks, digs, scratches and nips!

I tried. I really tried. And even though I only spend about an hour each morning with this mutt, it is an hour I could do without and I wouldn’t miss her at all. Besides I have my own doggy and kitty to spend time with! (And they are a very good doggy and kitty.)

I’d cut the cord today. I’d just tell the neighbor’s sister that dog-sitting her pooch everyday while she’s at work Monday-Friday is not working out and that she needs to find another sitter.

Mike is not as direct as me. So he’ll probably let this situation bleed out through Friday. I guess I can make it another three mornings with the little rat-style icky dog that barks, digs, scratches and nips and then THAT’S IT!

8 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

That size of dog has never interested me, either. Perhaps you need to add a python to your zoo.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

A PYTHON!!! Mike would love that...don't you dare mention it to him!

Anonymous said...

they're so cute but steve calls them "kick me dogs" either that's what it sounds like they're saying with their constant yapping or that's what he feels like doing to them.

my new kitty loves to sit on the computer table as i type. she is so loveable! i'm so glad we kept her.

take care,

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Oh that Steve! I'm glad to hear the cat worked out for you...remember when I said, "Oh, we couldn't possibly take a cat..."

Anonymous said...

the sister dropped off her dog each morning at her brother's place.....was she in tune with her brother's life and state of mind?

Give her back her dog. To me, it speaks volumes that she asked for this favor.

just saying.
You guys are awesome, caring peeps.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Anonymous - We rarely fully understand what another person faces in their day-to-day life, do we? That said, Mike and I try to make sound decisions based on what we do know. At the time, it seemed like a viable solution.
But it wasn't.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

bahahaha!!!!!!! how funny that is! I hope your 3 days fly by!!!!!

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

LL - We got a break and Bella is gone!