Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life!

Corny, huh? But it is a new day. I have been rejuvenated. Thanks to Moira and Garwin. Those are Sheryl's doggies, little wired-hair Norfolk terriers. They live with Sheryl (my good friend of many years) and George in Shelton, Washington and I went to visit with Sheryl, Moira and Garwin yesterday.

After a lovely lunch Sheryl and I put leashes on her doggies and walked them down to Totten Inlet in South Puget Sound. It’s a private beach for the residents in Sheryl’s neighborhood and it’s filled with oysters and clams – you’ve probably eaten them at a Seattle restaurant or one of the local Farmers’ Markets.


A cluster of oysters.


The doggies were unleashed and they ran to the water. They swam while we walked on the rocky beach and surprisingly they kept up with our pace!

And sometimes they ran up on the beach, sniffed seaweed, rolled in muck and raced back to the saltwater. They were so full of energy that the trek up the trail back home was nothing to them while I had to take breaks to catch my breath. And once we were back at Sheryl’s house, they sacked out on the deck...content little doggies that were happy they got in their daily swim.


My heart aches every day for Sitka. But hanging out with Moira and Garwin helped. Thanks Sheryl.

2 comments:

1st Mate said...

Cyn, I'm glad you got a good doggie fix. I wish you many more.

Ron and Betty said...

Glad to see you writing again. I know it is difficult. Ron & I are going with Debbie and her two pups to the Saturday Market tomorrow. Part of socialization she says. Wish us luck.
Love You
Betty & Ron