Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our Arrival in Salem, Oregon 2009

One year ago today we pulled into Salem, Oregon to begin the next chapter of the life I share with Mike and Sitka.

Mike’s health has improved significantly, same with the quality of his life. He is my rock and he makes me laugh.

Sitka is getting on in years (she's 12 this year) and her back legs are not as strong as they used to be. Her memory, hearing and vision appear to be failing. But she still knows I’m her mama.

It’s drizzly, cool and cloudy – perfect for sitting on the deck, bundled in our jeans and sweatshirts sipping on hot coffee.

Our apartment is warm, clean, and full of everything we need or want.

The adventure continues.

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Wow, how time does fly. Already a year. I remember when you left. I'm glad you are happy and safe and enjoying your journey with your Mike and Sitka. That's what life is all about Cynthia. Enjoy while we can. Take care.

Brenda Maas said...

Happy Anniversary lol.

Anonymous said...

it seems like only yesterday you were arriving in mexico and here it's been a year since you've been back-yes, time does fly!

yesterday i had my share of coffee and also made 2 huge batches of soup plus enough chicken for 4 meals. with weather like yours, i often cook up a storm on sunday, freeze a bunch of meals and therefore don't have to cook every night after work. it's easier this way. steve cooks twice a week so that's a big help too.

thanks for the compliment on the pix. sorry for not answering your e-mail. dealing with some health issues and haven't had much time to write lately.

have a great week!

teresa

Michael Dickson said...

I was going to say: Happy Anniversary. But someone beat me to it. No matter. Happy Anniversary. There are far worse places to be than Oregon. I´d like to be there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to All of US!
We are so glad you are here. The rain will pass - spring is just around the corner and our flowers will be blooming again.
Love you lots
Ron & Betty

1st Mate said...

Cynthia - So many changes in this last year. I'm glad you've found a good place to be, and that Mike is getting the care he needs. He's a treasure, I still remember that grin. Post some pictures of him sometime, OK? Feliz aniversario.