Friday, January 22, 2010

From My Desk

I’m sitting in my nice, warm office, with coffee brewing. I sat down to a state-of-the-art computer and network. I have every supply I need to do my job. I have full coverage, quality health insurance for Mike and myself at no cost to us. My work is interesting and challenging and I feel like I am helping.

From my desk I can see a homeless person sleeping on a bench next to the creek, in the rain, with their belongings stuffed under the bench. I haven’t noticed this before. It is bothering me.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That always bothers me too Cynthia. We who have our homes and all we need, yet there are people out there suffering. I just don't get it.

That's great that you have great health coverage and a nice place to work where you enjoy your time. Hope all is okay, take care.

Steve Cotton said...

As you know, I have a house a block from the Archives Park. I would cook extra portions of dinner and take them to the park to share it with some of these men. I always learned a lot from them.