Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fresh Herbs and Chicken

Mike and I are lucky to have a sunroom off our apartment and we have been cultivating lettuces and herbs this summer. So last night I got creative and cut from the oregano, basil and chives. I mixed them with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I laid 2 chicken breasts, yellow potatoes, red pepper and onion in a baking dish, covered it with the herb mixture and baked it for close to an hour.

Yum! What a simple dinner with herbs fresh from the garden!

3 comments:

Ron and Betty said...

We wondered what was cookin' Smelled so good we almost raided your dinner party! Glad you're making such good use of the Sun Room. Betty

GlorV1 said...

Oh boy that looks delish and really simple to make. I'll have to do that too. Great idea to grow your own herbs and try tomatoes and maybe even some chili. :D Have a great Thursday.

Steve Cotton said...

Who says you cannot get good food in Salem? Not me. Overall, I have to rate the quality of food in Salem higher than what I have found in Melaque. Not that our food is bad. Salem's is merely better.