Saturday, November 22, 2008

If You Could Have Seen Me...

…driving a mini-van in downtown Guaymas, filled with six little Mexican children and one of the Spanish teachers from school! If you know me, you’ll understand how contrary that scene was...

We were headed to the Guaymas Civic Auditorium where the St. Mary’s Preschool students practiced for the annual Pastorela Navidena “gala” to be held on Sunday, Dec 14. I was impressed when we entered the Auditorium and walked down the stairs that lead to the stage. And the stage is HUGE! With layers and layers of stage curtains…

The Spanish, Music and Physical Education teachers have been working with the children on the Pastorela and today the whole bunch of them combined their efforts and did a run-through at the Auditorium. It was so funny to see a couple of the more subdued children “let loose” on stage, grabbing a microphone and belting out a number! I can only imagine how much pride the parents will embrace after seeing their babies up on that big stage.

On the big night my role will be that of a support person, helping to keep track of the children and get them ready for their part. Initially I was not so excited about “working” on a Sunday and setting up on the Saturday the day before Pastorela, but after seeing those children and the other teachers I realize this is my contribution and I want to be a part of it.

On another note, I slept in this morning. And it was a good sleep knowing that the Parent/Teacher Conferences are done! PLUS, I completed my Lesson Plans on Thursday evening!! The only thing that would make this morning perfect would be to have Sitka panting at my feet right now.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Sitka missing again. I hope she is safe and well. You are definitely a dedicated teacher and there should be more like you. Have a great weekend.

1st Mate said...

Wow, for someone who didn't have much small-child experience before now you have really made huge progress just in the past couple of months!